Apr 2016 - June 2019
Unit Head, Product Management, Digital Commerce (www.Quickteller.com )
- Designed a 36-month product strategy for digital commerce
- Led Design,Development & Digital Marketing to Launch Quickteller Global Mall(GlobalMall.Quickteller.com ) connecting Africans to over 100 international stores, introduced flight bookings and event ticketing, securing more than $200K in sales within the first quarter.
Product & Brand Marketing Manager Debit & Prepaid Cards
- Launched Verve Paycode (a card-less way to withdraw money at the ATM) in the Nigerian Market. Partnered and integrated with 13 commercial banks, achieving ~$200K+ in cash outs post-launch.
- Led the identification and execution of co-marketing growth campaigns with top market retail leaders, creating fuel purchase promos leading to 30%+ Volume growth within the quarter.
- Drove marketing initiatives to increase product visibility and market performance via physical merchant branding at acceptance points leading to the deployment of 15,000+ new points of in-store product visibility.
August 2016 to June 2019
Co-founder/Chief Product Officer
- Managed the cross-functional product and engineering teams in the development and deployment of a medical ordering platform www.uncommonmeds.com .
- Won the prestigious Tony Elumelu entrepreneurship Award and Grant given to seed-stage ventures across Africa.
- Improved customer retention by 50% following the creation and implementation of Loyalty products.
April 2012-August 2014
GLAXOSMITHKLINE, GSK Consumer
Brand /Product Executive Scott's Vitamins & Skin Care
- Developed and optimized business cases to secure investments to drive brand and revenue growth.
- Collaborated with the Global Category Team to outline a three-year plan to build and sustain a multivitamin innovation pipeline and leverage consumer insights to increase sales
- Increased distribution from 0 to 6,000 outlets in three months using freelance representatives to aid in promotion.
Management Trainee (Lucozade, Horlicks, Ribena)
- Developed and executed a marketing strategy for Ribena Can online product launch which secured 16 million impressions in the first three week at a cost of $0.03 per impression.
- Operated as Product Manager for the Lucozade Sport Brand, and launching the first ever Lucozade Sport Lagos 10km run which attracted over 1500 runners.
- Performed in-depth market research and competitive analysis across three product categories using data provided by AC Nielsen
EDUCATION &PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Software Product Management Specialization
University of Alberta
The specialization focuses on current approaches to software product management including the principles of efficient and effective software development, using the “Agile” framework.
Professional Scrum Product Owner(PSPO I)
Front End Web Development
Professional Scrum Master(PSM I)
Bsc Computer Science
University of London
Bsc Pharmaceutical Science
Ahmadu Bello University
Product Vision & Strategic Planning
Agile Product Development
Go-to-Market Launch Plans
Communication & Presentation Skills
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- MS Excel
- MS Powerpoint
- Power BI
Team Lead, Content Strategy and Community Engagement /Interswitch
Boma is the most versatile and balanced Product Manager, Marketing Specialist and Brand Strategist I've ever met in my marketing career. His depth of technical knowledge of product development, pricing, branding and marketing, metrics and analytics is second to none. His business thinking is also some worth beyond comprehension. He is hardworking, disciplined and fun to work with. Boma is a goldmine for any lucky employer.
Account Development Manager /American Express
Boma understands Product Management, from conceptualisation to post launch. He takes an idea and makes it a solution that delivers meaningful value across the value chain . Working with him on Quickteller GlobalMall and a number of other strategic initiatives, was an enjoyable experience. Definitely an asset to have on any team. I'm excited to see what the future holds for him.
Head,Digital Financial Services /Interswitch Digital
Boma is a seasoned product manager with excellent competence and an intellectual disposition in rendering excellent service to his customers both internal and external . He is very detailed and approaches business situations with a keen analytical mind. He always looks at the big picture and his contributions are always a great addition.
Senior Product Designer /Interswitch.
Boma is one in a million and a truly remarkable product manager with an insatiable hunger to attain success.